Tuesday, June 1, 2010

useful skill

Sometimes while I'm typing something on the computer, I'll think about the teacher in my high school typing class.  She was a sweet, unusual woman who had such enthusiasm for teaching us how to type.  She even had some of her former students come in and tell us how important it was that we learn to type.  Of course, at 16 years old I didn't think typing was all that useful of a skill.  I wasn't planning on becoming a secretary, so why would I need to type?  Computers weren't that popular and most of my papers could be turned in handwritten instead of typed - when my papers did need to be typed, my mom would help me type them.

Now I realize that my typing teacher way back when, was absolutely 100% correct when she said that typing was a useful skill that would come in very handy throughout my life.  I'm soooo glad that I can type on a keyboard correctly and I don't have to hunt and peck!  I can't remember my typing teacher's name (I know it started with a K) but I want to say thanks!

2 comments:

  1. What a cool type writer. I am so glad that I loved my typing class and that I did well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true - people marvel at my typing speed since I'm a SAHM but I did work in an office after high school and took my typing classes in High School too. I can hear my typing teacher singin out HOME ROW and we typed.

    ASDFJKL(SEMI) That is how he sang it and yes he was light in his loafers!

    ReplyDelete